Total payments industry deals for September 2019 worth $404.14m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 91.6% over the previous month and a drop of 94.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.03bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 16.2% over the last 12-month average with 31 deals against the average of 37 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $332.5m.
Payments industry deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five payments deals accounted for 92.8% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five payments deals stood at $375.19m, against the overall value of $404.14m recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Invus Opportunities, LL Funds, Oaktree Capital Management and QED Investors’ $200m venture financing of Mission Lane
- The $76m venture financing of Tipalti Solutions by 01 Advisors 01, Greenspring Associates (UK), Group 11 and Zeev Ventures
- Bregal Milestone, First Fellow and Pekka Rantala’s $45.39m private equity deal with ePassi Payments
- The $34.3m private equity deal with PayBright by goeasy
- F-Prime Capital Partners, Greycroft Partners, Polaris Partners and Silicon Valley Bank’s venture financing of Recurly for $19.5m.