Next May the 3rd and 4th, the first Tech Tour & IVC Fintech Summit will bring to Paris a delegation of 100 international investors of the highest caliber, actively looking to invest in innovative Fintech companies. They will be joined by the key French stakeholders, both public and private: the French Treasury, national banking and insurance associations (FBF and FFSA), Paris Europlace and CroissancePlus and supported by Oakland Partners and its Global Partners Pictet & Cie and Orrick.
Fintech is one of the fastest growing sectors in the world venture capital sphere and this digital revolution will clearly disrupt the whole banking, insurance and finance industry in the years to come. “Global investment in financial-technology (Fintech) ventures tripled from $4.05 billion in 2013 to $12.2 billion in 2014, with Europe being the fastest growing region in the world, according to a new report by Accenture (NYSE:ACN). Last year, Fintech investment increased at more than three times the rate of overall venture capital investment.” ¹
Since 1998, the Tech Tour has established itself as the leading showcase for growth-stage technology companies in Europe. As is customary for the Digital Tech, Healthtech and Cleantech Summits, the inaugural Fintech Summit will showcase 20 European Fintech growth companies selected by an international committee of venture capital investors in the field. These will broach all sectors in the nascent industry:
- Payment & Transaction Services
- Tools & Software
- Financial Services & Banking
- Risk & Fraud Management & Blockchain
Participants will gather for the opening networking dinner to celebrate the entrepreneurs the evening of May 3rd at Cercle de l’Union Interalliée.
Three plenary panel discussions will convene industry leaders on:
- How Fintech and Blockchain technologies are remodeling the financial industry through the active involvement of banks and insurance companies, even more than start-ups.
- Fintech perspectives in France for entrepreneurs and financiers.
- Fraud, Security, Money laundering and Transparency issues, which will play a key role in determining, beyond the hype, the true success of this technology wave.
The Summit attracts a high-level and exclusive group of the key Fintech players who are spearheading development in this rapidly growing sector. It will be co-hosted by CroissancePlus, the French growth entrepreneurs’ association, and Paris Europlace, the official organization in charge of promoting and developing the Paris financial marketplace, in partnership with Bpifrance, France’s public investment bank and strategic national fund, Fédération Française des Sociétés d’Assurance and Fédération des Banques Françaises.
It will provide:
- Entrepreneurial companies with a significant opportunity to gain visibility among the European Fintech investment community as well as access to a very large potential pool of capital; and
- Banking, insurance and finance executives, with a unique opportunity to discuss the trends, and innovation with the investors and entrepreneurs.
Confirmed Speakers for May 4 include:
- Kerry Agiasotis, Western Union Business Solutions
- Bruno Bézard, Director General, The French Treasury
- Arnaux Caudoux, Chief Financial Officer, BPI France
- Stanislas de Bentzmann, President, CroissancePlus, CEO of Devoteam
- Philippe Dewost, Caisse des Depots et Consignations
- Guillaume-Olivier Doré, CEO at Robin’Finance and Fintech-Mag
- Cyril Lalo, Co-Founder & CEO, NagraID Security
- Nicolas Lesur, Financement Participatif France
- Olivier Millet, Chairman of the Board, EURAZEO PME and VP, AFIC
- Alain Papiasse, Deputy COO, BNP Paribas and President of the Steering Committee Paris Europlace
- Jean Rognetta, Delegate General, Croissance Plus
- Livio Scalvini, Director corporate innovation,Intesa Sanpaolo
- Bernard Spitz, President, Fédération Française des Sociétés d’Assurance
- Frédéric Tardy, Chief Marketing & Distribution Officer, AXA
Commenting on the Tech Tour Forum Selection Committee Process, Baruk Pilo Managing Director of Oakland Partners and VP & Head of Selection Committee: “The good news is that European Fintech is producing a great number of innovative projects in Asset Management, Insurance, Fraud Management, Payments, Blockchain, Banking and Software. This made the task of the Selection Committee very challenging, as we reviewed close to 300 companies all across Europe over the last 2 months in order to select the top 20.”
Selection Committee Members:
360° Capital Partners, Accel Partners, Atlante Ventures, Axa Strategic Ventures, BPI France, Caixa Capital, CapHorn Invest, Cisco Systems, DealMarket, Earlybird Venture Capital, Eggsplore, Eight Roads Ventures, FR Development, Idinvest Partners, INKEF Capital, Jolt Capital, Mangrove Capital Partners S.A., Microsoft Ltd UK, New Alpha Asset Management, Octopus Ventures, Partech Ventures, Red Bridge, Samsung Electronics, Serena Capital, Seventure Partners SA, Shiraz Partners, SmartFin Capital, Stardust Ventures, True Global Ventures, United Ventures, Ventech, Visa, and Xange Private Equity.