FinTech Abu Dhabi (“FinTech AD”), which is held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Vice Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council, is excited that an international list of female FinTech trail-blazers, leaders and entrepreneurs will be in Abu Dhabi on 21-23 October 2019, to discuss the latest developments in the financial space and share their success stories.
FinTech Abu Dhabi, MENA’s leading FinTech Festival, is organised by Abu Dhabi Global Market (“ADGM”), the award-winning international Financial Centre, and supported by global innovation platform – Unbound. Of the 4 FinTech Unicorns in the world championed by female co-founders, FinTech Abu Dhabi is glad to host and welcome two of them. These two FinTech unicorns are :-
Lucy Liu, Co-founder and President, Airwallex
- Airwallex is the fastest-growing $1 billion start-up in Australian history, reaching unicorn status in just three years and is a key challenger in the cross-border global payment space
- Her fireside session on how to create a billion-dollar company is already one of the most anticipated sessions at FinTech AD
Bin Ru Tan, CEO, OneConnect Financial Technology
- OneConnect Financial Technology is a member of China’s Ping An Group, a Fortune 500 Top 30 and a Forbes Global 2000 Top 10 company.
- During her keynote session she will share her insights into how banks and financial institutions in MENA can leverage new technologies to offer better services and reduce both costs and risks as they scale and transform their business.
The list of female speakers includes the following stellar names:
Ola Doudin, Co-Founder & CEO, BitOasis
- BitOasis is MENA’s leading digital asset exchange and wallet, handling $1.6 billion in trades in the last two years, making it one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the region.
Nejoud Al Mulaik, Director, Fintech Saudi
- Fintech Saudi is a government-led initiative to support developments in Fintech ecosystem development in Saudi Arabia
Noor Sweid, Founder, Global Ventures
- Noor was named as one of the ‘World’s Top 50 Women in Tech’ by Forbes and recipient of the Arab Woman Award for Finance
- Noor has also been named in the Arabian Business 100 Most Powerful Arab Women list three times
Noor Adhami, Regional Head of Global Liquidity & Cash Management, Middle East and North Africa, HSBC
- HSBC’s Global Liquidity and Cash Management business contributes $400m to annual group revenues
Amnah Ajmal, Executive Vice President, Market Development, MEA, Mastercard
– Amnah was listed as one of the top 100, global women in Fintech for 2019 by Lattice80
Ghela Boskovich, Head of FinTech & RegTech Partnerships, Rainmaking
- Ghela is also the founder of FemTechGlobal™, a network dedicated to improving inclusiveness and diversity in Financial Services
Ambareen Musa, Founder and CEO, Souqalmal.com
- Ambareen featured on Forbes Middle East’s list of the top ‘Women behind Middle Eastern brands’ and won the prestigious “Emirates Women Award 2019” in the ‘Business – Innovation’ category
Nadine Mezher, Co-founder and CMO, Sarwa
- Nadine was named MENA’s ‘Achieving Women 2019’ by Entrepreneur Magazine, and ‘Top Woman’ founder 2019 by SME10X
Jennifer Reynolds, President & CEO, Toronto Finance International
- Toronto Finance International is a public-private partnership whose mission is to promote and develop Toronto’s financial services sector
Richard Teng, CEO, Financial Services Regulatory Authority of ADGM, said:
“We are honoured to host and welcome such a stellar and formidable list of female leaders and influencers from all over the globe and across the FinTech industry to FinTech Abu Dhabi this October. As an International Financial Centre and FinTech Hub enabler, ADGM advocates and supports an inclusive and progressive FinTech and financial ecosystem that allows startups and innovators to grow and succeed. FinTech Abu Dhabi is one of our key platforms and commitment to foster a holistic environment for our community. We look forward to hearing from all our speakers, sharing their experience and expertise with our community.”
Daniel Seal, Founder and CEO of Unbound, said:
“From entrepreneurs leading innovative start-ups to the CEOs of FinTech unicorns, FinTech AD will hear from some of the greatest leaders in the global FinTech ecosystem. It is great that we will be hosting such a strong line up of female FinTech leaders who will be able to share their unique and fascinating perspectives with those attending.”