This week we have some great stories for you as David and Jason are joined by two great guests:
- Caroline Plumb, CEO of Fluidly
- Simon Balmain, Operations and Community Specialist at Monzo
We kick off the episode by taking a look at WorldPay selling to FIS and changing its tech stack. The group comments that it’s not a modern way to approach tech stack spending, it’s an oldschool way of doing things and 600M is a large amount to spend over 6 years to maintain technology (02:36).
Next up, we talk about Barclaycard bringing Alipay payments to UK retailers. There are some suggestions that this could mark the beginning of the end from the panel but they also wonder who the first adopter will be and Jason, for one, welcomes our new overlords (08:52).
We spoke to Tao Tao, Alipay’s Business Development Director to find out more (13:15).
We also talk to our 11:FS Americas MD Sam Maule to get a US insight into why 21% of Americans have no savings (:).
Other stories include:
- 21% of Americans have no savings
- Grab grabs more market share in SE Asia
- SC’s startup bridge
- Female-focused crowd-funding from NatWest
- And finally, a German bank lets clients vote on dress code
All this and so much more on today’s show.
Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and let us know your thoughts on the stories @FintechInsiders on Twitter where you can also ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com
This week’s episode was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- WorldPay payments firm in $43bn sale to US rival – BBC News
- Worldpay becomes first acquirer to enable Amazon Pay
- Barclaycard brings Alipay payments to UK retailers – FinTech Futures
- UK embraces contactless payments
- Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck
- Grab maps out new product lines
- Standard Chartered builds Fintech Bridge to matchmake with startups
- NatWest launches female-only crowdfunding programme
- German Bank Lets Clients Vote on Dress Code as Goldman Goes Easy – Bloomberg
Please note, we do not produce Fintech Insider, we merely are fans and repost it!