The past year has seen the continuation of steady UK growth and the revival of confidence amongst SMEs who are now looking to borrow. Challenger banks are entering the UK’s business-banking market, but can they truly challenge the big four who provide 90% of lending to businesses and 85% of SME current accounts? The CMA markets review, which will be coming to a close in Q2 this year, is looking into the banking services to SMEs and the lack of effective competition.
The BBA’s SME conference will bring together industry experts and regulators to discuss the emergence of fintech, The Small Business Act and credit data sharing rules, alternative finance options and the CMA’s market review and whether it will stimulate competition and innovation in banking.
- Alison Rose, CEO- Commercial & Private Banking, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Brian Corr, Head of Competition, Financial Conduct Authority
- Vicki Harris, Group Strategy & Marketing Director, Aldermore Bank
- Amanda Murphy, Head of Commercial Banking, HSBC
- Jeff Lynn, CEO, Seedrs
- Paul Marston, Head of SME Lending, Ratesetter
- Ian Isaac, Managing Director- Head of Lombard Sales, Lombard Asset Finance