Newest member of the Verifone Engage family expands on success of industry-leading MX series with unprecedented investment protection, consumer engagement capabilities, and seamless transition
NRF Retail’s BIG Show Booth #3543 –Verifone will debut the Verifone M400, the most advanced and intuitive multilane payment device ever, at the 2017 NRF Retail’s Big Show in New York City.
Offline and online commerce are rapidly converging. Brick & mortar retail models are rapidly changing. And consumers are increasingly demanding simple, fun and secure experiences no matter where or when they shop. Multilane merchants need a platform capable of supporting their vision for the future including digital offers, loyalty and payment, targeted marketing and seamless omni-channel connectivity. Verifone designed the M400 to enable this for its department store, specialty retailer, grocery store, hotel, quick service restaurants and convenience store clients.
“The M400 represents an entirely new level of design innovation for multilane merchants,” said Glen Robson, EVP of Verifone Solutions. “We have the advantage of working with the world’s best retail brands, and leading technology companies. And we spent countless hours working with our clients and partners to develop a device capable of fueling their vision for the future of retail commerce.”
Welcome to Advanced Commerce
The Verifone M400 is designed to serve as a cornerstone of a complete vertical solution. It will easily integrate with Verifone’s Point Payment Solutions; Verifone Estate Manager (formerly VHQ); the Verifone Commerce Platform; Verifone e-Series mobile devices; and other Verifone Engage family devices.
The M400 expands on the success of Verifone’s industry-leading MX series while incorporating new innovations and features for unprecedented investment protection, consumer engagement capabilities, and a seamless transition for merchants using MX900 series devices.
Benefits for merchants include:
- Accept any payment: EMV-capable, with integrated NFC and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for acceptance of all popular mobile wallets
- Safe and secure: fully-supported PCI-certified device, compatible with Verifone end-to-end encryption and tokenization solutions for multi-layered security
- Designed for consumers: sleek design, smaller footprint than Verifone MX series devices, and an enhanced, multi-touch, intuitive user interface
- A marketing machine: stunning 5-inch display, split screen capabilities, increased memory to support full-motion video and hi-resolution graphics
- In-store targeting: Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support for identifying consumers and delivering personalized offers via beacons
- Build once, port multiple: highly secure Linux-based OS, development tools and App Marketplace, seamless porting of MX900 series to M400
- Backwards compatibility: Verifone MX clients can leverage their existing installation to simplify upgrades (e.g.: cable, stand), saving on unnecessary costs
- Retail ready: extreme durability for high-traffic multilane environments
“The Verifone M400 is an impressive solution that is ideal for meeting the growing demands of merchants and consumers in markets such as the Nordics that are serious in their efforts to drive advanced commerce,” said Hans Petter Hoel, CEO of Retail Payment, a Norway-based payment acceptance platform provider owned by the country’s leading retailers. “Our common goal is to ensure that future payments are customer-friendly, secure and cost efficient. As Retail Payment introduces an open omni-channel platform to the market as the de facto standard infrastructure for future payments, innovations such as the M400 improve the customer experience in store.”
Demo the Verifone M400 at the NRF Retail’s Big Show, January 14-17 in New York City. It will be available mid-summer 2017, initially in the U.S. and Norway.