Rabobank has opened nominations for its three annual Food & Agribusiness (F&A) industry awards, which recognize North American companies that uniquely demonstrate leadership, business and environmental sustainability, and innovation. Nominees are reviewed by an independent judging panel of esteemed individuals across industry, academia and the public sector. This year’s nominations will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. EDT on September 19, 2017.
“Rabobank is delighted to launch our annual F&A industry leadership awards for 2017. Every year, Rabobank awards distinctive food and agribusiness companies in North America based on their remarkable achievements across leadership, innovation and sustainability – three areas vital to the success and evolution of this global industry,” said Paul Beiboer, CEO, Rabobank North America. “We look forward again to recognizing organizations that are making great strides towards ensuring the availability, access, quality, and stability of our food system for years to come.”
2017 Award Categories
Companies operating in the F&A industry in the United States, Canada, or Mexico may either nominate themselves or another company they feel is deserving of one of the awards.
Please click on the links below to access the nomination forms.
The overarching Rabobank Award for Leadership & Excellence recognizes a market leader that has demonstrated great impact in their sector through notable innovative and sustainable practices during the past year. The organization will have:
- Achieved significant success as a leader in building, rejuvenating, or expanding a business in the food, agribusiness or beverage sectors;
- Taken responsibility for environmental and social wellbeing, shared values for business and society, good corporate citizenship, and an excellent track record in social commitments;
- Been recognized and set standards of excellence within the industry;
- Strong financial performance
The 2016 Rabobank Award for Leadership & Excellence was awarded to AGCO, for its central role in supplying sustainable and inclusive agricultural machines, boosting the world’s agricultural productivity and increasing access to the global food system.
The Rabobank Leader in Sustainability Award recognizes an organization that has achieved unique strides towards business, environmental, social, and governance sustainability over the last year. The winner will have:
- Developed programs and/or initiatives aimed at improving business, environmental, social, and governance sustainability;
- Demonstrated alignment between sustainability strategy and core business priorities; defined and clearly communicated sustainability guidelines and commitments;
- Positioned itself as a good corporate citizen and demonstrated social commitments;
- Strong financial performance
MidwesternBioAg received the 2016 Rabobank Leader in Sustainability Award, for helping larger partners reduce their climate impacts, with technology to track nutrient efficiency, innovative fertilizers, and soil health.
The Rabobank Emerging Leader in Innovation Award recognizes an up-and-coming organization that addresses issues in the food and agribusiness space in a new and innovative way. It will have:
- Operated in the industry for ten years or less;
- Demonstrated a distinct innovation in the food and agriculture supply chain and/or offered new choice, value, and convenience to customers;
- Demonstrated good corporate citizenship;
- Demonstrated strong financial performance / investor interest and potential for market expansion
The 2016 Rabobank Emerging Leader in Innovation Award winner, BluWrap, develops packaging that extends the shelf life of fresh protein, thereby revolutionizing fresh protein supply chains worldwide.
For award consideration, the highlighted initiatives and achievements included in the submission must have taken place (either in part or in full) between June 30, 2016 and August 30, 2017.
Award winners will be notified by Rabobank in October and will be announced publicly and honored at the annual Food & Agribusiness Summit hosted by the bank on November 30, 2017 in New York City.