Hyannis Port Research, makers of Riskbot, today announced a new version of its flagship pre-trade risk solution.
Riskbot 3.0 offers unparalleled technology to inspect orders traveling to and from financial markets and to stop bad trades before they occur. Riskbot is designed to be used within bulge bracket banks, trading firms and quantitative hedge funds.
“Firms are tackling a host of challenges, from intensifying regulatory scrutiny and increasing cybersecurity threats. More than ever, trading firms need to have the right technology that can identify bad trades before they become a problem,” comments Hyannis Port Research CEO Tony Amicangioli. “The Riskbot solution monitors and protects the intersection between exchanges, major trading firms, hedge funds and banks, where some of the most protected fundamental sensitive information in the world resides.”
HPR’s third generation Riskbot platform provides a central command center with features and enhancements such as:
- Unparalleled speed – ability to safely perform 45 risk checks in the time it takes light to travel 500 feet
- Multiple markets – supporting 18 trading equities venues in the U.S. with more on the way
- Security – enhanced cyber-threat protection, ability to inspect real-time network and application patterns
- Fault-tolerant – capable of pairing standby units for seamless fail-over in the event of an outage
- Diverse and scalable – from performance-sensitive market makers to quantitative funds
- Integrated analytics – ability to monitor client behavior in real-time, integrated latency monitoring
- Distributed – supports geographically dispersed deployments, while maintaining real-time centralized control
- Small footprint – each Riskbot unit supports multiple exchanges and clients
As mandated by the U.S. SEC Market Access Rule 15c3-5, Riskbot’s revolutionary technology can inspect the details of a trade in 450 nanoseconds. With the Riskbot solution in place, trading firms can stop erroneous trades that could cause disruptions such as the Flash Crash.
As a unique hardware and software solution, Riskbot performs all market access regulation tests while serving as a trading gateway for the industry’s top trading firms. Architected from its chips to its software with the most industry-leading aerospace-quality engineering, Riskbot 3.0 can scale, evolve and extend to drop into any trading environment and solve problems quickly.