eg software continues to disrupt the market with free training for its ILM accredited course
Back Office Workforce Optimisation pioneer, eg solutions is now offering its renowned eg principles of operational management® training for free for one day.
In a highly disruptive move, eg is offering this ILM accredited course free throughout July and September, where users will learn the seven principles that have delivered best practice operational management practices and behaviours as well as guaranteed benefits for over 50 global brands. Courses are scheduled in Manchester on 5th July, Glasgow on 7th July, London on 14th September and Birmingham on 16thSeptember.
The eg principles of operational management is a methodology designed for Managers and Team Leaders involved in managing, planning and processing back office work. The philosophy is based on coaching and challenging managers to better understand workloads and balance these with the resources available.
eg’s tried, tested and proven framework ensures that the learning gained is put into practice and that the required activities and behaviours are pulled through an organisation to deliver real impact.
Elizabeth Gooch, CEO, eg, stated: “The eg services team draws on 25 years of experience of providing enterprise back office workforce optimisation solutions to multiple industries. Our proven operational management methodology underpins our accredited implementation, training and support services designed to help transform back office operations.”
“The eg principles of operational management have a proven record of delivering changes in staff behaviour and culture and a consistent approach to basic work, resource and performance management practices. When we first launched this training it was seen at the time as a major innovation in the industry. It is time for eg to take the lead once more by offering our training for free. This is the latest innovation from eg and one that is set to disrupt the market once more,” she added.
- What is Operational Management?
- World Class Manufacturing and how production management aligns with Service organisations
- The essential measures that provide the foundation for consistency across your operation
- Aligning resources and skills with customer demand
- Work Distribution strategies and how to apply them
- The importance of communication to inspire the team and define individual performance
- Progress monitoring and operational control
- Understanding the balance set of KPIs required to manage performance
- Fact-based analysis and understanding variance
- Action planning and next steps